American Furniture Warehouse, Greensboro’s largest furniture showroom is currently looking for professional sales associates with great energy and personality to join our family and help sell stylish, beautiful furniture to loyal customers in the Triad and beyond! We are looking for people who care about quality products and services they represent, their customers and their co-workers.
In this critical retail sales position you will be selling furniture and accessories products to our customers. Our professional retail sales associates are devoted to helping individuals and families create something fresh and new in their homes—not just selecting furniture.
You do not need sales, customer service or retail furniture experience to be successful in this role. We do, however, look at the following:
- Experience in “high customer expectation work”, such as serving in food and beverage or hotels and hospitality can be helpful, but is not required
- Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn
- High energy “people person”, making connections with people comes easily
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient and achievement focused
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; a great listener
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Flexibility to work a 5 day retail schedule that includes nights, weekends (both Saturdays and Sundays), and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Greeting guests upon arriving in our retail showroom and learning the motivation for their visit; really getting to know them and developing long-term relationships
- Presenting and discussing various home furnishing product options based upon your discovery of the prospective clients lifestyle needs and goals
- Generating sales through a low pressure consultative approach
- Marketing new sales and special events
- Assisting customers in financing, purchasing, delivery and ultimate satisfaction
- Increasing personal knowledge of products, sales techniques and promotions through professional training.
Benefits and Compensation
- We are committed to providing generous sales commissions. Our top producers make $70,000+
- Extensive training and mentoring
- Many opportunities for career advancement